Saturday, July 5, 2014

7-5-14: Forward Motion

Here is the bonus email we got from Sister Woodward today: 

My whole mission I'd planned on sending this scripture (3 John 1:14) as my last email with nothing else attached:
"I trust I shall shortly see thee, and we shall speak face to face."

But we all know I don't have the self-control for that because I like words and writing too much. And smiley faces JJJJJJJ

We cleaned up and packed up the apartment in Lüneburg this week, which will stay empty until we have enough missionaries again for two to serve there. We were blessed with one last perfect missionary day before leaving; we had a super uplifting and spiritual lesson with a less active lady who adores sisters, we went by on a young mother who invited us in and wanted to meet again soon, we had an awesome lesson with a lady we found last week plus her husband, AND we topped it off with a joint teach with the previously mentioned young mother's sister.
#tendermercy
It was mildly depressing to see these people get so excited about the Gospel only to tell them that we actually couldn't come back though...
The elders in Lauenburg can drive down to meet with some of them, but they were slightly suspicious of men and it was just hard to leave knowing no missionaries were coming after us.
Except the elders.
To whom I should probably give more credit.
They'll (the investigators) be taken care of somehow.

Yesterday we took a train to Berlin and I was reunited with my wonderful companion from over a year ago, Sister Darrington! We get to stay with her until we leave and once again, Ammon joy was achieved J.  We've been able to see several members and be with Sister Kriser's sister here and it has been grand.

Anyways. Prepared for sentimental thoughts?
Also known as shortened semi-memoirs?

When I think about my mission of the past year and a half, I think about chasing busses and bahns (trains), fallen out appointments, companion dates, and waiting on investigators.
When I think about my mission, I think of missionary conferences, the Kosaks, and lots of study time.
I think about more trains and good elders and gentle sisters, of testimony, of crazy people, of foreigners.
I think of conversion, of God's love, of intense personal growth.
When I think about my mission, I am happy with what I've been able to give.
I am thankful for this experience that has shaped so much of who I am and where I am going.
I am going forward.

A friend sent me this quote a couple of months ago from Elder Maxwell: "All crosses are easier to carry if we keep moving."

So we keep moving, leaping and bounding as much as we can.
Forward motion is what counts.

I know Christ lives and that I have a perfect Father in Heaven who knows me personally. I know that Christ's church is here today restored by Joseph Smith. I know the Book of Mormon and the Bible are the word of God and they help us with our forward motion. Miracles come from diligence and faith.

Thanks for your prayers, emails, letters, and thoughts throughout this time. I'm excited to see you soon J.

Liebe,

Sister Claire Michelle Woodward

No comments:

Post a Comment